This guide demonstrates how you can help out on the wiki! (Please do)
- Please be respectful of other people's work. Do not vandalize the wiki. We have a zero-tolerance policy to this kind of behavior and will ban anyone that breaks this admittedly arbitrarily defined rule from editing the wiki.
- Don't be dumb, basically. If you want to edit the wiki, I assume that you know that already.
- In the top right corner of the screen, click the "Login" button.
- Select Discord as the authentication method. Log in with your Discord credentials.
- That's it! There's no need to create an account as your wiki account is attached to your Discord account.
- In the top right corner of the screen, click the "New Page" button.
- Specify the new file name and which folder the new page should be placed in.
- For more information on
wiki.js's file system, see the wiki.js docs.
- In the bottom right corner of the screen, click the blue "Edit" button.
- The wiki primarily uses Markdown to make pages. Read the Markdown Guide to learn the formatting.
- You can also use raw HTML for finer control of the editor.
- To add a link to a page, look at the left sidebar and click on the "Insert Link" button.
- For a link to a page within the wiki, search for the relevant page in the folder system.
- For an external link, paste the external link into the bar at the bottom of the folder system.
- To add an image to a page, look at the left sidebar and click on the "Insert Assets" button.
- To upload an image, drag an image to the white bar in the assets menu (located in the top right of the screen).
- Select an image to insert in the file system and click the "Insert" button.
- Create/upload new files/images in the right folder. Keep the folder system organized.
wiki.js is a pain in the ass when it comes to asset file management, so please make sure that you are uploading images to the right location. Please DO NOT upload images to the root directory!
- For example, if you are making a page about a new ground multiblock, place it in the
- If you are adding a new image related to this ground multiblock, place it in the
/multiblocks/machines/[filename] asset directory.
- Keep pages need. Use headers, bullet points, and tables.
- You may copy the HTML table template from another page to use in your own page.
- Do not upload extremely large images. We want to keep loading times as low as possible.
- If you want to resize images, you will have to do that via HTML. Read this guide and look at the width/height attributes. I know, Markdown is ass.
- Please contact
kwazedilla#9910 if you need help with any issues with editing the wiki. Also contact if:
- The left navigation bar needs changes
- A redirect needs to be added to a section
- A page has been vandalized/has other major issues that cannot be fixed by yourself
- Cargo Trading
- New Player Guide
- Station Sieges